I've never ever done anything ahead of time. I am a last minute, fly by the seat of my pants gal. I thrive on seeing just how close I can cut it! For some reason this past weekend I lost all sense of who I am and how I operate best, and decided to get some of the food ready early for Jacob's feast on Monday morning. You see, I am his room mother and I don't like much help, because nobody does it how I want it!!!! (one of my I want it perfect therefore, I need control issues!) Well, feeling quite proud and confident, I went ahead and baked and frosted the chocolate cupcakes for the cute turkeys I was creating with cookies and licorice sticks. Then I went ahead and baked the pumpkin tarts and the corn muffins. On Saturday night I decided to go ahead and assemble the turkeys. I went to bed feeling like I worked hard and it would pay off! Well, when I woke up Sunday morning, half of the turkeys had molted! Their licorice feathers were everywhere all over the counter! One turkey even lost his head. I was so mad, but knew I had to work with what I had because I didn't have any more supplies. So, with a whole lot of frosting, I tried to glue the suckers back together. I popped all my popcorn, put the turkey and cheese skewers together and went to bed. This morning, when I woke up, two of the turkeys lost their heads but looked decent. Off to school I went with all of my junk. This is when the fun began. I got the whole feast set up and carefully put a cute turkey cupcake at every child's desk. I felt confident that the 2nd graders wouldn't notice the trauma the turkeys had been through. Oh, how I was wrong. One little boy asked me if I had made the turkeys. After I said yes, he told me his looked awful and was falling apart! I almost threw the cupcake at him, but instead I told him there were starving children in Africa and he needed to just shut up and eat it!! Then another little boy, told me that his popcorn was the worst he had ever tasted! Needless to say, I left the feast deflated and swore to never do anything ahead of time again.
Adam's basketball team
9 years ago
1 comment:
No good deed goes unpunished. At least your not working the midnight shift again. That's hard on your beauty sleep.
Post a Comment