Our family is all about traditions. Valentine's Day brings about some of our favorite!

Making sugar cookies and decorating them is my kid's favorite. Emily kept busy in the flour and dusted everything quite nicely. I always encourage my kids to eat lots of the cookie dough so we don't have so many cookies to decorate! What a mess.

Jacob managed to spray paint himself, the back porch, and the Valentine box all blue. Who knows where the adult supervision was...oh yeah I think she was doing yearbook!




Every Valentine's day, we always have a fancy red and white dinner. We have candles, candy, mostly red and white food (steak, baked potatoes, rolls, corn, sprite - colored red, and strawberry shortcake) We serve it all on fancy paper plates that have been set on the table underneath a surprise sugar cookie with a message. Bryan and I were invited to his Aunt Gloria's house when we were at BYU and they did this. We loved the tradition so much we are still doing it!



And of course, there are all the class parties at school to attend. This year I made apples with strawberries drizzled with chocolate and heart shaped cheese and crackers. The other room mom made these fun candy bar sundaes. The second graders were super impressed...NOT but I'm pretty sure the other parents were, and that is all that counts! HA!
1 comment:
Looks like a fun Valentine's!!
Post a Comment